If you're using one of our native integrations for Infusionsoft, Ontraport, ActiveCampaign, Drip, or Klaviyo, Facebook lead ads can be automatically synced and imported into Wicked Reports for attribution. Otherwise, this article will provide instructions for setting up the real-time capture of Facebook Lead Ad attribution data into Wicked Reports using our Zapier Integration to insert Custom Clicks.
Note: This technique will work well to capture real-time capture of Lead Ads tracking and attribution data. For historical imports of past Lead Ad engagement and ongoing maintenance and bulk updates you will need to use our instructions for Manual Import of Facebook Lead Ad Attribution via CSV upload.
To receive data using Zapier's Facebook Lead Ads Premium Zapier trigger action, you need the Wicked Reports Zapier action and a Facebook Business Manager account.
To confirm Zapier will be able to receive Lead Ad events from Facebook, you should confirm the access with the following instructions.
Confirm Zapier access to your Facebook Business Manager Account
For additional information, please refer to Zapier's Knowledge Base article on Zapier permissions to access Facebook Leads.
Inserting the New Lead Attribution Data into Wicked Reports
1. Choose the Facebook Lead Ads App with the New Lead Event.
2. Choose your Facebook Lead Ads account. You should authorize Facebook using an account with the permissions specified above.
3. Select the Page and Form to be tracked. The page should be the Facebook Page connected to the ad account being used. The default behavior for Form is to track leads from any forms, but you also have the option to select one specific form for tracking if you desire.
Once you've made your selection, click Continue.
4. You will then have the opportunity to test the New Lead trigger action. By testing, you will be provided with sample data to use for the rest of your Zap setup. It is your option whether you want to Continue or Review the results.
5. Now select the Wicked Reports Action for your Zap and choose the Click Data Action.
5. Authorize and select the correct Wicked Reports account to use for this action.
If you have already Connected a Wicked Reports account in Zapier, please jump ahead to Step 6.
If you have not previously used or authorized Wicked Reports from Zapier, you can select Add a New Account.
On the authorization page, you will be prompted for your Client Name.
Your Client Name can be found be logging into your Wicked Reports account and navigating to the Settings Page where you will find your Account Name.
Note: Do not use your Client ID. You must use your Client Name. In this example the Client Name is WickedReports with no spaces exactly as it appears in this screenshot.
Once you have authorized and selected the correct Wicked Reports account, you can click Continue and proceed with the configuration.
6. Customize the Track a Click settings with the appropriate values.
Please make note of the values in the following fields:
- Email is required and should be pulled from the New Lead in Facebook Lead Ads trigger action in Step 1.
- Click Date Time is option, but for real-time capture the value NOW should be specified. This will use the date/time at the moment that the Zap is fired, which will be roughly the same as when the lead actually completed the form and was added to your CRM.
- Time Offset is also optional, but specifies a number of minutes that should be subtracted from the value specified in the Click Date Time field. In this example, I have chosen 20 minutes to account for any lag or delay between the form being submitted and the Zapier action being triggered.
- Source for Facebook ads should always be Facebook to remain consistent with our recommended naming conventions.
- Campaign for Facebook ads should always be the name of the Facebook Ad Campaign being tracked to remain consistent with our recommended naming conventions.
- Term for Facebook ads should always be the name of the Facebook Adset being targeted to remain consistent with our recommended naming conventions.
- Medium for Facebook ads should always be ppc to remain consistent with our recommended naming conventions.
- Content for Facebook ads should always be the Ad Name to remain consistent with our recommended naming conventions.
Also note the Preset Override field value. I am using Other to allow Wicked Reports to provide attribution according to standard rules taking into account the timing of the click related to other tracked events (e.g., other tracked clicks, contact create date in the CRM, or order create date in your shopping cart) and taking into account your specified attribution window in Wicked Reports.
You may refer to our documentation on HTTP Post for other options.
7. Once you've fully customized your settings, click Continue and you will once again have the opportunity to Test your Zap.
8. Once you've tested your Zap, turn it on and check your data after a few days to make sure you're getting the attribution you expect.
Please email email@example.com with any questions or issues that arise with this integration.