Shopify does not allow the tracking scripts on their checkout page. Fortunately we have a way to still track purchase activity whenever there is a link that includes Wicked tracking info.
NOTE: If you have authorized your Shopify store in Wicked Reports, you DO NOT need to perform this step.
- Place your Wicked Reports tracking page on every other Shopify page as you normally would by editing the liquid theme and adding your tracking script. Here is an example:
- Edit the Shopify checkout page by clicking on Settings / Checkout.
- Add this line of code:at the top of the "Additional content and scripts" section on Settings/Checkout (see image below)
- Go to your Shopify store using this URL
, replacing "YourShopifyProducturl" with your actual Shopify product URL...some product you are going to test purchase.
- Make a purchase
- Wait until the next day, and go to your ROI report, and look for the source of "shopify-test" and verify there is a click and a sale for the amount you purchased.