MailChimp is one of the most popular Automated Email Marketing platforms out there.
We love MailChimp and for our customers who use MailChimp, we have created an enhanced MailChimp Email Tracking Integration.
The main difference is that now we are able to pull email click data straight out of MailChimp, rather than relying on our Tracking Code and Google Analytics to provide Email tracking info.
If you've already authorized MailChimp in your Wicked Reports account, you will not need to change anything for this new Integration to take place.
What does this mean for you?
- You no longer need to worry about UTMs on your Email Links.
- You no longer need to worry about Wicked Tracking Code or Google Analytics on your email landing pages
- We're going to be pulling your historical email click data and attributing historical emails to your sales (even before you used Wicked Reports)
- Email Data will be reported slightly differently in the ROI Reports
- Campaign Emails will now show up under the utm_campaign: "broadcast-to-list"
- Automation Emails will show up under a utm_campaign which matches the Automation Name
Note: Wicked Reports will NOT be reporting on the UTMs you use in your MailChimp emails. Google Analytics will still use them, but Wicked Reports will not. We still recommend using the MailChimp Google Analytics setting on your emails.
We also still recommend using Wicked Reports Tracking Code and Google Analytics on your landing pages. These are no longer required for the integration, but always good practice to keep using them.